The life I live is unexpected, but has turned out to be far more rewarding than I ever gave it the chance to be… I have really been thinking on some ideas for brightening the day of another person(s), letting them know that love is alive and well in the world and that they are not alone…
I am not a wealthy person in terms of finances, but here is what I’d like to do (and maybe you can actually do):
1. Care baskets for troubled families in the ICU waiting room.
Hospitals aren’t anything like home, and having to stay overnight in a waiting room for days due to a loved one’s critical condition is beyond difficult. The people of the ICU waiting rooms are hurting inside and out. Their hearts are breaking while they wait and pray for answers, while their bodies ache from sitting and waiting in a medical facility. They need comfort and love. How can we help?
Care baskets could be put together for each person or family tied to an individual inside the ICU. Perhaps these baskets could include things like some candy, a travel pillow, journal & pen, tiny Bible with a list of helpful verses for this trying time, pack of tissues, or anything that seems reasonable and right for you.
2. Donate things or funds to a Helping Hand or Salvation Army type group for the needy. There are so many people in need in poverty. Perhaps their house was just destroyed, they experienced an unexpected and dramatic event in the family which left them in hardship, they have nothing for their kids at Christmas, etc…
There are so many places on earth that would be very blessed in much needed support. To name a few, Cancer Research or other types of health related things. There are Hospitals for sick children like St. Jude, and the Shriner’s that do not turn away any child because of financial difficulties. There are animal charities if you choose, and so many other causes could be blessed with the help of the wealthy.
You can be sure that your donations and funds are being used for the right thing in personal investigating of how these local organizations are operating and such.
No matter how blessed you are in finances or anything…The greatest gift you can share with the world is love and compassion. Time is far more valuable than things. Hugs and smiles are priceless. Reaching out to those in need, even it be a single soul, makes the journey of life far sweeter.
You can also donate or Sponsor other human beings on a global level. For example persecuted people in other areas around the world, those in poverty, and much more.
3. Get Involved In Your town with the local city council and church leaders. With money you can get the manpower required to build things that are very much needed in your area. Maybe the city park for the children could use a nice fix up for a better place to play. You could help out with things close to home. See what the local schools are in need of-maybe they’ve run out of funding for particular tools or a new bus.
4. Have flowers or little gift boxes made and sent to those who are staying in nursing home facilities. I know from personal experience with my dad just how gloomy those environments can be. Nursing homes are in need of cheer!
5. Start your own business to help change the lives of the people in your city…and in our world! Maybe you have some ideas of your own, and you know just what to do to make it happen. Do your research to find the need, the location you desire, creating an outline of what must be done that can shake the lives of those with broken spirits and a lack of faith.
Consider how your money can be spent in a better way, for the good, even if not for these things. What we invest it in is important.
These are just some ideas I have that I wish I could bring to life. If you are well and able, blessed with far more than enough, please think on these things. I’m sure there are many other things that can be done to help others, using money for the good of mankind. If I had the money, I would jump in to help do all of this. I guess right now my heart is greater than my purse. So I challenge you. It’s not about making a name for yourself or how much you spend. It’s about giving generously with love for others. I hope this post will inspire everyone in one way or another. God bless!